General Accounting Clerk - Part time
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a part time General Accounting Clerk.
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the General Accounting Clerk will have overall responsibility for the Accounts Payable and Payroll cycles at BMT Canada Ltd. The General Accounting Clerk will provide support in the day to day operations of the company and be a resource for all employees.
This is a permanent part-time role for 3 days per week (Monday to Wednesday).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an environment of strong internal controls and be part of a team developing policies and procedures
- Manage accounts payable including monitoring of outstanding payables and communication with vendors in a professional manner
- Prepare accounting documents such a recording of vendor invoices, reconciliation of account statements and other payable statements using computerized environment
- Enter, verify and reconcile transactions in accounts payable including invoices, expenses, payments and preparation of computerized cheques
- Process payroll and benefits
- Maintain and post weekly timesheets and expenses
- Reconcile credit cards
- Respond to Project Manager inquiries on a timely basis
- Review costing information on a monthly basis and required monthly closing procedures
- Provide financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting making recommendations where appropriate, to ensure plans achieve financial goals
- Provide monthly variance analysis vs. budget and provide detailed explanations as to root cause of variances
- Provide backup support for Senior Accountant
Required Education and Experience:
- Community College diploma in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting and payroll
- Experience using an ERP accounting system, specifically accounts payable, time and expenses and job costing modules
- Familiarity with Government Contracting procedures is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail required
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Ceridian)
- Reliability security clearance is required
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “General Accounting Clerk” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
BMT is committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com