Senior Marine Specialist
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Senior Marine Specialist.
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
This is a Full-Time, Permanent position (38.75 hours/week), located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
The salary range is $93,600 - $140,000.
Benefits: Eligible for bonuses and/or salary increases. Also eligible for competitive company benefits that include disability insurance, dental insurance, and extended medical insurance.
- Development of engineering specifications related to modifications to existing ship/submarine designs;
- Review of drawings related to aforementioned changes to designs;
- Performance of design activities including selection of design standards and execution of calculations related to ship/submarine design or modification;
- Review of design reports, specifications and drawings produced by other engineers; and
- Creation and review of documents outlining engineering processes and best practice; and
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers.
- Possess a university degree in mechanical or marine systems engineering or hold a provincial, state or federal licence to practice as a professional engineer;
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, along with preferably extensive experience working with a federal government;
- Be able to obtain a Secret security clearance;
- Possess experience executing design activities for complex submarine systems (detailed design, production design, and/or design acceptance), including execution and review of calculations and models, as well as integration and impact analyses;
- Possess experience with shock and fatigue analysis related to submarine system design and integration;
- Possess experience in a leadership role for a submarine system design;
- Possess experience in the development, modification and execution of submarine system set-to-work and certification processes;
- Possess experience with material substitutions, technical investigations and obsolescence investigations associated with submarine systems;
- Possess in-depth experience with submarine design quality and configuration control processes;
- Have excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Have flexibility to travel, including ability to work onboard ships conducting surveys;
- Have the ability to work at Ottawa area client site(s), as well as other sites from time to time; and
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare well-crafted engineering reports.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Senior Marine Specialist” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com