Business Development Lead (Cyber)
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Business Development Lead (Cyber).
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Business Development Lead is a key member of the company’s growth strategy team. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Lead delivers the BMT strategy for the Cyber sales functions, ensuring the delivery of profitable business growth in accordance with the business plan and strategic business objectives.
The Business Development Lead owns the Cyber Order Intake targets for BMT Canada and conducts direct market analysis to understand and develop BMT Canada’s market segmentation. The Business Development Lead is focused on the business’s sales to support the Company’s expansion in existing and new markets. The Business Development Lead delivers a function that can assist the business to maximize both current and future profit margin through sustainable growth while managing and maintaining a picture of market trends that indicate demand for new products and services.
As a customer facing ambassador for BMT, the Business Development Lead exemplifies the values and behaviour required of a reputable professional services company. The Business Development Lead will be required to establish effective working relationships with colleagues in Canada, the BMT Defence and Security Partnership and internationally.
As the Business Development Lead, the role is responsible for the following:
Planning, Strategy and Governance
- Accountable to the Business Development Manager (who is the line manager)
- Identifying and penetrating new customers and markets for BMT’s Cyber products, as approved by the Vice President, Marketing and Sales
- Ensuring the Cyber opportunity pipeline is aligned to the company Integrated Strategic Business Plan (ISBP) targets
- Managing revenue reporting and future sales forecasting for the Cyber business
Marketing and Sales Management
- Develop the sales strategy and plan for Cyber business to support the delivery of Strategic Business Objectives
- Responsible for business analytics and competitive intelligence to support tactical and strategic decisions across the Cyber business in Canada
- Participate in and support marketing initiatives for Cyber business in Canada and collaboratively across the BMT sector Partnerships as appropriate
- Supporting Key Account Management; building client relationships in new areas, managing, maintaining and nurturing existing relationships where appropriate for the Cyber Business
- Support to the management of the capture and proposal functions where required
- Maintenance of Cyber Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure all communications are maintained within the business and that collaboration occurs within and across BMT partnerships
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Sales Lead preferred/or relevant Cyber market experience will be acceptable
- Minimum of three years’ experience of relevant international commercial, consulting or professional services business, preferably in a defence environment
- Understanding of and ability to communicate BMT Canada’s Cyber capabilities
- Position and experience to network within industry and government
- Knowledge and expertise to formulate and deliver a successful Sales strategy
- Strong people skills
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with all staff members
- Proven ability to influence clients and stakeholders
- Strong team leadership and a team player
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “ Business Development Lead” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com