Business Development Manager, Consulting and Advisory Services (CAS)
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Business Development Manager, Consulting and Advisory Services (CAS).
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the company’s growth strategy team. Reporting to the Vice President Marketing and Sales, the Business Development Manager delivers the strategy for the sales functions, ensuring the delivery of profitable business growth in accordance with the business plan and strategic business objectives.
The Business Development Manager owns the Order Intake targets for BMT Canada and conducts direct market analysis to understand and develop BMT Canada’s market segmentation. The Business Development Manager is focused on the business’s sales and leads a high performing team to maintain the Company’s expansion in existing and new markets. The Business Development Manager leads a function that can assist the business to maximize both current and future profit margin through sustainable growth while managing and maintaining a picture of market trends that indicate demand for new products and services.
As a senior member of the management team, the Business Development Manager exemplifies the values and behaviour required of a senior leader within a growing business. The Business Development Manager will be required to establish effective working relationships with colleagues in Canada and internationally.
As the Business Development Manager, the role is responsible for the following:
Planning, Strategy and Governance
- Accountable to the Vice President, Marketing and Sales (who is the line manager)
- Interface with the company Executives and the Business Line Leads and actively contribute to the strategic direction of the Company and development of the sales strategies
- Work with other BMT Defence and Security Partnership companies to develop a coherent collaborative sales strategy to support the growth plans for the Defence and Security Partnership and the wider BMT
- Promote the company and global vision, mission and values
- Be an active member of the broader BMT Marketing and Sales community
Marketing and Sales Management
- Provide leadership for the Sales teams
- Provide expert advice to the Marketing, Capture management and Proposal management teams
- Build high level client relationships that are of strategic value in support of the Company’s various market objectives
- Drive and lead client-focused research to understand evolving client needs and market trends: to inform the Company on clients needs
- Lead the development and implementation of BMT Canada’s Consulting and Advisory Services (CAS) Sales Strategy.
- Build and strengthen the sales order pipeline utilizing the Key Account Management structure and new accounts to build revenue resilience and sustainability
- Responsible for overall sales forecasting performance and accuracy in the Company’s monthly reporting to stakeholders
- Develop budgets and set appropriate order intake targets
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that the activities of the Company’s Sales Leads are proactive in their individual market areas and suitably joined-up in terms of company research, development, and promotional activities
- Assist in prosecuting strategic opportunities and major bids and in achieving appropriate positioning with key clients
- Conduct regular reviews of market area performance, particularly examining sales pipeline health, win rates, Added Value per head, price per head, marketing spends, return on investments, etc. and identify corrective measures where necessary
- Ensuring client feedback is collected, proactively responded to and used to improve the business
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Sales Manager preferred/or senior level experience will be acceptable
- Provide leadership for the Business Development (Sales) teams
- Minimum of five years’ experience of relevant international commercial, consulting or professional services business, preferably in a defence environment
- Understanding of and ability to communicate BMT Canada’s core capabilities
- Position and experience to network with leaders in industry and government
- A demonstrable first-hand track record in delivering sales growth in a professional services firm
- Knowledge and expertise to formulate and deliver a successful Sales strategy
- Experienced in managing the close interactions necessary between marketing and service line/capability development activities
- Strong people leadership skills
- Able to quickly influence, energize, lead and motivate others and to build successful teams
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience of managing and developing professional staff
- Effective motivation and delegation skills
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish positive and effective working relationships
- Proven ability to influence clients and stakeholders
- Strategic and logical thinker
- Strong team leadership
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “ Business Development Manager” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com