Vice President Marketing and Sales
BMT Canada Ltd. (BMT) is recruiting for a Vice President Marketing and Sales.
BMT is a global independent consultancy, specializing in engineering, science and management services in the energy, defence and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned professionals.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The Vice President (VP) Marketing and Sales (M&S) is a member of BMT Canada’s Executive Management Team and is responsible for the leadership of this key function. Reporting to the President, the VP M&S sets the strategy for the Business Development and M&S functions to ensure the delivery of profitable business growth in accordance with the business plan and strategic business objectives.
The VP M&S owns, develops and delivers the BMT brand in Canada and carries out market analysis to understand and develop BMT Canada’s market segmentation and value proposition. The VP M&S is focused on the business’s M&S activities and will build a high performing team to sustain the Company’s expansion in existing and new markets. The VP M&S and their team will assist the business to maximize profit margins through sustainable growth, while managing and maintaining a picture of market trends that indicate demand for new products and services.
As a key member of the BMT Canada’s Executive Management Team, the VP M&S exemplifies the values and behaviours required of a senior leader within a growing business. The VP M&S will be required to establish effective working relationships with executive colleagues and take collective responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Company.
The VP M&S contributes to and collaborates with the Executive Management Team on the full range of business issues, notably on the formulation of the company’s business pursuit strategy and taking joint responsibility for initiating, implementing and reviewing business plans.
As the VP M&S the role is responsible for the following:
Planning, Strategy and Governance
- Accountable to the President (who is the line manager)
- Interface with BMT Canada Executive Management Team and Business Line Leads to make collective decisions, actively contribute to the strategic direction of the Company and development of the M&S strategy
- Work with other BMT companies across the world to develop a coherent marketing strategy to support the growth plans for BMT Canada across Defence, Energy, Transportation and Environment sectors
- Promote the BMT and its global vision, mission and values as an active member of the BMT M&S community
Marketing and Sales Management
- Provide line management for the M&S, Business Development, Capture and Proposal Management teams
- Build high level client relationships that provide strategic value in support of BMT Canada’s market objectives and growth plans
- Develop and manage the Company M&S budget
- Lead client-focused research to understand evolving client needs and market trends to inform the Company on current and future clients’ needs
- Develop and implement the Company’s M&S strategy and ensure the overall co-ordination of marketing activities and events across Business Lines within the Company and with the other Companies in BMT
- Build and strengthen the sales order pipeline utilizing the Key Account Management structure for current accounts to build revenue resilience and sustainability
- Based on customer feedback and market research, work with the VP Capability and Strategy and VP Operations to develop business cases to achieve sales from new service ideas and investments
- Take responsibility for overall sales forecasting performance and accuracy in the Company’s monthly reporting
- Provide direction and guidance to the Business Development Managers in the development and update of Strategic Scorecards and Portfolio Plans to ensure alignment with the Company’s Integrated Strategic Business Plan
- Work with the VP Operations to develop business development budgets and set appropriate sales targets for each Business Line
- Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that the activities of the Business Development Managers are proactive in their individual market areas and suitably aligned with company research, development, and promotional activities
- Identify promotional opportunities (advertisements, trade shows, BMT branded clothing/items etc.) and lead execution to time and budget in accordance with BMT guidelines
- Develop BMT Canada’s social media strategy in accordance with BMT guidelines
- Assist with prosecuting strategic M&S opportunities and major bids in achieving appropriate positioning with key clients
- Undertake regular reviews of key performance indicators such as market area performance, sales pipeline health, win rates, Added Value per head, price per head, marketing spends, return on investments, etc. and identify corrective measures where necessary
- Ensure client feedback is collected, proactively responded to and systematically used to improve the business
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience on a Company Executive Management Team preferred, or senior level experience will be acceptable
- Experience in leadership for the Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Capture and Bid Management teams
- Minimum of five years’ experience of relevant international consulting or professional services business
- The ability to understand and effectively communicate BMT Canada’s core capabilities
- Experience networking with senior leaders in industry and government
- A demonstrated track record of delivering sales growth within a professional services firm
- Knowledge and experience in formulating and delivering successful M&S strategy
- Experience in managing the close interactions necessary between M&S, Operations and capability development activities
- Able to quickly win, influence, energize, lead and motivate others and to build successful teams
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience of leading, managing and developing professional staff
- Demonstrated high level of business acumen
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence through excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with all staff members
- Proven ability to influence clients and stakeholders
- Strategic and logical thinker
- Strong team leadership and team player
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Vice President Marketing and Sales” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your education, security clearance level and experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
311 Legget Dr.
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: Human Resources
We are committed to employment equity. BMT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology, please visit their website: www.fleetech.com