BMT is seeking a full time Marine Electronics Technician
BMT is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations.
BMT is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense and security, energy and environment, critical infrastructure and commercial shipping sectors. For further information on BMT please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT is seeking a full time Marine Electronics Technician to perform routine, corrective and alterative maintenance on 18 ft. – 65 ft. boats. The Electronics Technician performs recurring maintenance and repair of boat navigation and communication equipment, logistics, and related functions associated with boat maintenance projects in a high visibility, high impact government program. Duties/Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform inspection, testing, servicing, troubleshooting and replacing electronics components, associated cabling, wiring, terminals, and any other functions relating to installed systems.
- Provide documentation for completion of maintenance.
- Perform maintenance and repair to 12VDC, 24VDC, and 110VDC installed systems.
- Perform post maintenance operational (underway) testing of all electronics systems, equipment.
- Perform other assignments or duties appropriate to the overall responsibility of the position.
Company will not sponsor a work visa or relocation for this position.
Work Location: Portsmouth, VA
- High school diploma required.
- 3 years of experience inspecting and repairing marine electronics equipment is required. Military marine electronics repair and maintenance experience desired
- Experience using electronics test equipment to include, but not limited to: Wattmeter, Oscilloscope, Volt/Ohm meter, Comms Analyzer is required.
- Applicant must possess exemplary abilities to investigate and make independent decisions, clearly communicate and apply policies and principles to resolve problems.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment completing detail-oriented tasks and maintenance reports. Experience completing MPCs is helpful
- Physically able to climb ladders, maneuver in small spaces and lift to 75 lbs. is required.
- Confident and clear listening and verbal communication skills are required to successfully reach out, ask questions and work with multidisciplinary internal and external contacts to learn and share industry and project specific details is required
- Excellent organizational skills to complete multiple and sometimes complex detail-oriented projects and tasks on time under sometimes challenging and busy circumstances.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office and Adobe. Must have exceptional record keeping abilities
- Demonstrate initiative and be proactive is a MUST. Ability to take independent action to resolve or prevent problems, anticipate needs and act with long term results in mind
- Confident action oriented, self-starter with a sense of integrity and actively contributes to team’s success.
BMT enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries. Interested candidates must email resume, BMT Employment Application and surveys with subject line "APS-100” to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7177 Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070